How to Access a Shared Mailbox on Outlook 2011
This week I have been approached by several people on How to Access a Shared Mailbox on Outlook 2011, so I decided to write a very simple article to show how to actually do it. It’s really easy.
Important: In order to access an Microsoft Exchange shared mailbox, the manager of the shared mailbox must have granted you permission.
- In Outlook 2011 for Mac, select the Tools menu and then Accounts
- In the window that appears, select your Exchange account and click the Advanced… button
- Click the Delegate tab. In the section named “People I am a delegate for:“, click the Add button
- The Select User window will appear. Type in the name of the shared mailbox in the text box and click the Findbutton. Select the desired user from the search result list that appears and click OK.
- Click OK to close the accounts window. After a brief period, the shared mailbox will appear as a folder in the View list on the left side.
Sending a mail message
- After successfully adding the mailbox to your Outlook 2011 for Mac, the shared mailbox can appear in the “From:” drop down of a new message. You must have Send As Permission for the Shared Mailbox.