How to delete Identity in Outlook 2011 for Mac
In this short guide I am going to show you How to delete Identity in Outlook for Mac 2011, in case your Outlook for Mac, is not synchronizing accordingly and deleting your cache or rebuilding your database doesn’t resolve the problem. Deleting the Identity and resetting it again is the next step to making things work:
Please be aware that doing the steps below, will delete ALL data held in Outlook. Since this is for exchange mailbox it will just download it all over again… But I thought you should know.
- Close Outlook for Mac 2011
- Go to Folder (shift-command-G) ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities
- Delete the folder Main Identity and it’s subfolders.
- Start up Outlook for Mac 2011
- Go into Outlook > Preferences
- Click on Accounts and you will be prompted to create a new account. Email will flow again.